Sydney Girls High School is a “uniform school”. The distinctive brown and yellow uniform is well known and readily identifiable with SGHS. It is a requirement that all students wear the appropriate school uniform while at school or engaged in school activities :
- the junior uniform [tunic and shirt] is worn from the start of Year 7 until the end of Term 3 in Year 9
- the senior uniform [skirt and shirt] is worn from Term 4 in Year 9 until the end of Year 12
- students wear brown lace-up school shoes. No other colour or style is acceptable
- white school ankle socks or brown school stockings, both available from the Uniform Shop
- PE and all sporting uniforms is not to be worn in class nor while travelling to and from school on public transport
- The school blazer, jumper, or sleeveless pullover is worn for extra warmth. Jerseys associated with PE or sporting uniforms are NOT worn in class at any time, nor over the regular school uniform if travelling to and from school. Year 12 students in their final term may wear their Year 12 jerseys
- accessories such as ribbons, hair bands or clips, and winter scarves must all be in school colours. Jewellery must be discreet and not chunky
- visible makeup is not permitted, nor is coloured nail polish. Students may be asked to remove makeup or nail polish
- all uniform items are available from the Uniform Shop. A small range of used uniform items is also available
- on ‘civi’ or ‘mufti days’ that are held in conjunction with fundraising for charities, students are permitted to wear their own choice of clothing to school but must ensure that it is entirely suitable and appropriate for formal classes
The School Shop is the only place where you can buy the uniform for Sydney Girls High School. The uniforms are very reasonably priced. The School Shop is run by a subcommittee of the P & C Association and is operated by a group of volunteer parents. Any new parents who would like to help in the shop are most welcome as volunteers are always needed. This is a great way to meet other parents and students and get to know the school. The School Shop is open every Monday and Wednesday at lunch time during term from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm.
An item found to be unsuitable because of size may be exchanged for a similar item provided it is unaltered and unworn and a receipt is produced. Normally exchanges must be made within two weeks of date of purchase. However it you find that you have purchased the wrong size on Orientation Day, it may be exchanged during the first week of Term 1 of the next year. Unfortunately refunds cannot be given. The School Shop is behind the Campbell Hall, entrance from Cleveland Street Quadrangle. We accept cash, cheque ( payable to SGHS Shop with your name and telephone number on the reverse) and eftpos – MasterCard and Visa.
Online orders are available. For more details click here.